The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls:
• A Lopez Island deputy spoke with a resident regarding an unlawful display of sexually explicit material by a juvenile to other juveniles on school property. The matter is being investigated.
• A deputy responded to a report of harassing phone calls in Friday Harbor. The deputy spoke with the individual involved, completed a report, and alerted the probation officer about the situation.
• A Lopez deputy investigated property damage to a fence caused by a vehicle. The involved parties will settle the issue on their own.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a harassment complaint. It was later discovered the suspect had an extraditable out of state warrant. The subject was located, arrested and booked into the Friday Harbor jail.
• A Lopez Island deputy stopped a motorist for speeding in the 2400 block of Fisherman Bay Road. The deputy issued the driver a ticket for speeding.
• Parents reported a runaway juvenile on Orcas Island. Deputies searched many locations for the juvenile’s possible whereabouts. The juvenile had gone to another island and returned home the following day. A report was taken.
• Deputies responded to an Eastsound address on a reported reckless driving complaint. The suspect who had intentionally rammed seven unoccupied vehicles immediately turned herself in.
• A deputy made a traffic stop in the San Juan Island area. The driver was contacted and issued a citation for speeding.
• A Lopez deputy stopped a motorist who was traveling 51 mph in a 35 mph zone on Hummel Lake Road. The driver was issued an infraction for speeding.
• A Lopez deputy stopped a motorist in the 200 block of Fisherman Bay Road for speeding. The deputy issued the driver a ticket for speeding.
• An Orcas deputy issued a warning for speeding 39 in 25 on Lover’s Lane.
• A deputy on Friday Harbor initiated a traffic stop on a driver with defective taillights. The driver also failed to use their turn signal. The driver was issued an infraction for not having insurance.
• Peace Island Medical Center staff reported a dog bite on San Juan. The victim and dog owner said that it was accidental and did not wish for any further action to be taken. A mandatory dog bite report was completed.
• Friday Harbor deputies responded to a domestic violence assault. Both parties were interviewed and the evidence examined. The male party was arrested and booked into jail pending a hearing in court.
• A deputy on Orcas stopped a vehicle for expired registration and
not coming to a complete stop at a posted stop sign. The driver was issued an infraction for having an expired registration over two months.
• A deputy on Orcas stopped a driver for speeding. The driver was issued an infraction for speeding 45 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• A San Juan deputy received a report of a possible person driving under the influence.
• A deputy on Orcas stopped a driver for speeding. The driver was issued an infraction for 58 mph in a 35 mphzone.
• A Lopez deputy stopped a Puyallup man who was speeding on Fisherman Bay Road. The man was issued an infraction for driving 44 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• The reporting deputy was contacted via the phone about a runaway juvenile in the San Juan Island area. A pick-up order was signed and entered. The juvenile returned home later in the morning.
• A deputy on Orcas stopped a vehicle for speeding. The driver was issued an infraction for speeding 55 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• The reporting deputy was dispatched to a malicious mischief in the
San Juan Island area. The reporting deputy arrived and took photos of the damage to the area.
• A deputy on Orcas stopped a vehicle for expired tabs. The driver was issued an infraction for having an expired vehicle registration under two months.
• A Lopez deputy stopped a Seattle man who was driving 44 mph in a 25
mph zone on Fisherman Bay Road. The man was issued an infraction for speeding.
• A Lopez Island deputy issued a British Columbian man an infraction for speeding after a stop on Fisherman Bay Road for 42 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• A Lopez Island deputy assisted a disabled motorist whose vehicle broke down partially blocking the intersection of Hummel Lake and Center Road.
• A manager was complaining about tenant’s barking dogs but confronted the tenant in an aggressive manner. The tenant was advised to contact the landlord and file a complaint. The tenant also advised to contact sheriff’s office if contacted by themanager. The manager was not on scene at the time.
• A Lopez Island man was taken into custody for violation of the conditions of a court order. He was transported to Friday Harbor and booked into jail pending a court appearance.
• A deputy was dispatched to a welfare check of female in Friday Harbor. Contact was made and there were no further issues.