The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A deputy arrested an individual in Friday Harbor for an active felony warrant. The person was booked into jail, posted bail and was released pending a new court date.
• San Juan deputies responded to a report of an animal at large. The owner was contacted and issued a citation
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a report of custodial interference.
• Deputies responded to a hit-and-run in Friday Harbor. The investigation continues.
• An Orcas Island deputy stopped a speeding driver on Olga Road. The driver received a citation for driving 60 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• After a deputy on Lopez responded to Cross Road to investigate a 911 hang up, it was determined there was no emergency at the property and that the call was the result of an electronic malfunction in the phone system. The telephone company is expected to investigate and repair the cause.
• Deputies responded to a death investigation in the Eastsound area.
• An Eastsound resident reported a theft of some garden tools. The investigation continues.
• A deputy on San Juan took a report of a theft and documented the incident.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of a suspicious box. The empty box was taken into custody and recycled.
• A deputy on San Juan took a report of an aggressive panhandler. Deputies are attempting to find the person to speak with them about their attitude.
• An investigation continues into the report of a dog bite in Friday Harbor.
• A deputy responded to a report of harassment in Friday Harbor. The reporting party is going to petition for an anti-harassment order.
• A driver on San Juan was stopped by deputies for a defective headlamp, brake light and for not having tabs displayed on the rear plate. The driver was issued a citation for not having insurance.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to a domestic altercation near Eastsound. After an investigation, it was found no crime was committed, that the argument was verbal only.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to a domestic disturbance near Deer Harbor. After an investigation was completed, it was determined that nothing criminal had occurred and it was only a verbal altercation. Both parties were separated, and a report was made.
• A Lopez deputy was called regarding an alleged incident of child abuse, which is currently under investigation.
• Deputies on Orcas Island responded to a domestic incident in the Eastsound area.
• An Orcas deputy responded to an alcohol offense near Eastsound and took a report.
• Deputies on Lopez checked a report of suspicious activity at a residence. The person contacted had a legitimate reason to be on the property.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped a driver of a vehicle for a defective taillight. The driver was arrested for driving with a suspended license in the third degree and was issued a citation for a defective taillight.
• A driver on San Juan was stopped for an expired registration. The deputy arrested the driver for driving with a suspended license in the third degree, for failure to surrender a driver’s license and for operating a vehicle with a suspended registration. The driver was also issued a citation for having an expired registration over two months.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped the driver of a vehicle for expired registration. The driver was issued a citation for having an expired registration over two months and no insurance.
• Deputies on Orcas Island responded to a report of the possible abuse of a child. A joint investigation between law enforcement and Child Protective Services was initiated.
• A Lopez Island deputy was called to the school regarding a juvenile problem and filed a report.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a report of reckless driving and issued the driver a criminal citation.
• Deputies on Orcas located a wanted individual who was taken into custody and booked into jail without incident.
• A deputy issued a driver on San Juan a citation for failing to stop at stop sign and a warning for not having proof of current insurance, not having a driver’s license on their person and failing to change their residential address on the driver’s license.
• A Lopez deputy stopped and ticketed a driver for traveling 42 mph in the school zone. The driver was also warned for having an expired driver’s license.
• Deputies on Orcas Island received a report of a collision that occurred on private property the previous day. Deputies contacted the vehicle owners and assisted them in reporting the incident and contacting a tow truck.
• A detective and a deputy were dispatched to a death investigation in Friday Harbor. No foul play was found, and a report was completed.
• An Orcas Island deputy responded to a domestic incident in the Eastsound area. No crime was found to be committed.