The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A deputy was dispatched to a call of an unwanted person in Friday Harbor. The reporting party will be petitioning for a protection order.
• A deputy responded to a complaint of an unoccupied vehicle illegally parked at the Lopez Ferry Terminal. The deputy assumed that someone who is not the car’s owner had abandoned the car at the terminal. The owner was notified and the vehicle was removed.
• A deputy conducting a welfare check in Friday Harbor discovered that the person in question was deceased. The case in under investigation.
• A deputy found a Friday Harbor resident in violation of a domestic violence no-contact order. The subject was taken into custody and booked for the violation.
• A deputy responded to a reported assault in Eastsound. After an investigation, there were no serious injuries and no suspects.
• Deputies received a delayed report of an aggravated assault from a male visitor to Lopez Island on April 24. The male was assaulted by three males on Ferry Road, causing substantial bodily injury. Deputies gathered information for a report and interviewed a witness. Investigation ongoing.
• Lopez deputies received a report that someone left a 55-gallon drum containing an unidentified liquid at the Lopez Island dump. Solid waste officials have no suspect information and would like the public to know that potentially hazardous liquids are costly to dispose of.
• A Friday Harbor business turned in a bike that was left in its parking lot for three days. Sheriff files were checked and there were no reports of a similar bike reported as missing. Bike placed in evidence for safekeeping.
• A Lopez Island deputy issued a citation to a motorist on Fisherman Bay Road for speeding.
• A Lopez Island deputy issued a citation to a motorist near the Lopez village for speeding.
• A deputy responded to report of fraud in Deer Harbor. An investigation was started and a report taken.
• A Lopez Island deputy was called to remove an unknown subject found sleeping in a travel trailer. The subject was awakened and told to leave and not return. A report was taken.
• A Lopez Island deputy issued a motorist a citation for speeding northbound on Mud Bay Road.
• A Lopez Island deputy cited a female driver for speeding southbound on Mud Bay Road.
• A Lopez Island deputy cited a driver for speeding westbound on Hummel Lake Road.
• A Lopez Island deputy cited a driver for speeding on Fisherman Bay Road.
• At approximately 9 p.m., deputies arrived at the intersection of Roche Harbor Road and Hillview Lane to investigate a report of a traffic accident. The driver was arrested for DUI.
• A deputy was dispatched to a non-injury collision in Friday Harbor.
• A Lopez Island deputy was flagged down by a pedestrian about a dead animal in the ditch.
• A Lopez Island deputy cited a driver for speeding northbound on Fisherman Bay Road.
• A Lopez Island deputy found baskets of personal property accidentally left along Ferry Road as the ferry was loading. The items were returned to their grateful owner prior to the sailing.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor received a report of a burglary that happened within the last year. There was evidence that people entered the residence leaving bedding, garbage and drug paraphernalia behind. There are no suspects.
• A deputy responded to a property damage call in Eastsound. An investigation was conducted and a report taken. There are no suspects at this time.
• Orcas deputies responded to a single car motor vehicle collision on Orcas Road. Only minor injuries were reported and a collision report was made.
• A Lopez Island deputy was called regarding a tree down across Center Road. The deputy stood by on scene until a public works crew arrived and cleared the roadway.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor received a report of a possibly fraudulent email. The reporting party had not lost any money.
• Deputies responded to a residence on San Juan Island to investigate a domestic disturbance. The deputies found a female was upset over her dog getting out of her trailer.