The SJC Sheriff’s Office responded to the following.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to a single-vehicle accident near Eastsound. The driver was uninjured.
• A deputy answered a call on Hummel Lake Road on Lopez after a trailered sailboat went into a ditch. The owner lost control of the trailer, which was blocking the road, while he was attempting to tow it to a launch location. The trailer was safely moved from the road.
• On Lopez, a deputy checked on a complaint of an animal-at-large. The deputy was unable to locate the animal, though the potential owner was notified.
• On San Juan, a deputy was dispatched to a report of a vehicle prowl. The suspect was not located, but there is probable cause for a second degree trespass arrest.
• A San Juan deputy was dispatched to a report of an unattended hit-and-run accident. A suspect has not been identified.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a neighborhood disturbance.
• A deputy responded to a report of a possibly impaired driver at the Orcas Ferry Terminal. There was probable cause to arrest the subject for physical control of a motor vehicle while under the influence. The subject was booked into jail in Friday Harbor.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a complaint about an animal bite and discovered an owner was bitten by her own dog. The dog was located, listed as potentially dangerous and placed in quarantine.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a citizen dispute in which one person had plugged into his neighbor’s electricity. The caller agreed to give his neighbor access for a few days allowing his neighbor to operate an electronic device.
• San Juan deputies took a report of a vehicle prowl. The stolen items were entered into the database, and there is no suspect.
• An Orcas deputy responded to an animal noise near Eastsound. The animal owner was issued a citation as they had been warned multiple times about keeping their animals under control.
• On two separate occasions, deputies stopped drivers on San Juan for speeding and issued citations: one for driving 47 mph in a 35 mph zone, another for driving 44 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• San Juan deputies responded to a noninjury vehicle collision that occurred at the ferry landing. The suspect was arrested for driving with a suspended license and given a citation for driving without insurance.
• Deputies were dispatched to a verbal domestic incident in Friday Harbor. The parties were separated.
• A deputy was dispatched to a report of a runaway juvenile in Friday Harbor and a pickup order was entered in the state system.
• A deputy on Orcas was investigating suspicious activity at a vacant residence. The person located inside the residence was arrested for residential burglary, possession of stolen property and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• A deputy responded to a violation of an order in Eastsound.
• Deputies responded to a domestic dispute in the Eastsound area. The incident was settled by contact.
• A deputy was dispatched to a domestic incident in the Friday Harbor area and found the incident to be a verbal argument only.
• When deputies responded to a report of domestic violence on San Juan, they found the suspect had left.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for a broken taillight. The driver was arrested for driving on a suspended license and issued citations for not having insurance and for the broken taillight.
• A deputy responded to a report of a hit-and-run vehicle collision in Eastsound. Several mailboxes had been damaged. The driver was cited with a criminal citation for a hit-and-run.
• A Lopez resident reported trespassers on a private beach, accessible only from the water, after neighbors had complained about noise, fireworks and loud music from an anchored boat the previous evening.
• Deputies on Orcas responded to a report that a person had violated a stalking/no-contact order. The suspect was located and arrested for violating the order and for possession of a controlled substance.
• A driver on Lopez flagged down a deputy about a near-miss collision at Center and Hummel Lake Roads. The other driver was located.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a hit-and-run complaint in the Village. The vehicle’s owner stated an unidentified person struck her unoccupied vehicle and damaged it while it was parked in the village.
• Lopez deputies and Emergency Medical Services responded to a pedestrian versus vehicle collision. The driver was not at fault; the pedestrian was transported to a mainland hospital.
• A driver of a vehicle was stopped by San Juan deputies for having a broken taillight and failing to stop at a stop sign. The driver was issued citations for both.
• A Lopez deputy took a trespass report from the Lopez Island Solid Waste District after security cameras captured images of a subject who had scaled the locked fence-gate during the night.
• San Juan deputies responded to a request for a welfare check. The subject stated they were well.
• San Juan deputies responded to an alleged medical issue with an inmate in the jail. The inmate was transported to the emergency room, evaluated and returned to the jail.
• A Lopez resident turned over a debit card found in Lopez Village to a deputy.
• Lopez deputies responded to a possible domestic disturbance aboard an arriving ferry. It was determined the report was unfounded.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for an expired registration. The driver received a citation for expired registration and was given a warning for canceled registration.
• The driver of a car with a defective brake light was stopped by a San Juan deputy who issued a citation for driving without insurance and warnings for the brake light and for driving without a license on their person.
• A report of a violation of an order prompted the dispatch of a deputy in Friday Harbor. The suspect was located and arrested.
• A grandparent on Lopez reported receiving a telephone call attempting to defraud them out of a substantial amount of money for “bail” for a grandchild allegedly being held in jail. The call was a scam.
• A San Juan deputy spoke with a caller regarding a possible assault.
• An Orcas deputy investigated a possible domestic disturbance.
• A deputy was dispatched to a report of malicious mischief in Friday Harbor. The reporting person said there had been damage done to a local business and requested additional patrols.
• A Lopez resident requested assistance with what they perceived as an ongoing harassment issue. The person was unable to have a constructive conversation and would not commit to providing a written statement about the issue.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of a bike theft. The bike was returned.
• A Lopez resident reported a male came onto his property uninvited. A report was completed, and the matter is under investigation.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a motorist for driving without a seat belt. The driver was issued a citation for driving without insurance.
• A motorist who was stopped by a deputy on San Juan for driving 45 mph in a 25 mph zone was issued a citation for speeding.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a motorist for failing to wear a seat belt. The driver was issued citations for the seat belt and for driving without insurance.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor issued a driver a citation for speeding and for not having proof of liability insurance.
• A Lopez deputy stopped and ticketed a driver for driving 50 mph in a 35 mph zone on Center Road. The driver was also warned for having an expired driver’s license and not notifying DOL of an address change.
• A Friday Harbor deputy issued citations to a driver for not having a valid driver’s license with ID, not having proof of insurance, failing to carry registration in the vehicle and failing to yield to a pedestrian in a crosswalk. The driver was also issued a warning for not wearing a seat belt.