The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to an unknown injury accident on Crow Valley Road. The deputy arrived to find a single vehicle off the bank on the south side of the road. The driver was later found at his residence and issued multiple infractions.
• Deputies responded to a two-car accident on Roche Harbor Road on San Juan Island. Deputies observed that one person suffered a minor injury but was not transported. The cause of the accident was found to be due to the presence of black ice on the road.
• A deputy investigated a report of malicious mischief at a residence in Friday Harbor. The damage was estimated at $1,800.
• Deputies and EMS responded to a vehicle-versus-pedestrian collision in Eastsound. The driver of a vehicle failed to see a pedestrian in the crosswalk and struck him. The pedestrian was evaluated and did not wish to go to the hospital; he walked away from the scene. The driver received a citation.
• An Orcas deputy conducted a traffic stop on Lover’s Lane. The driver was cited for speeding 45 mph in a 25-mph zone.
• Deputies on Orcas made contact with a female in Eastsound who had a warrant out for her arrest. The female was cooperative. She was arrested and transported to Friday Harbor, where she was booked into jail.
• Orcas deputies arrested a subject on an active warrant of arrest for failing to appear in court for a driving under the influence hearing. The subject was intoxicated and in violation of the conditions of release.
• A Lopez Island deputy was called to investigate vandalism to a local business.
• Lopez Fire and EMS requested assistance at a residence regarding a utility issue.
• A deputy responded to a single-vehicle accident on Orcas Island. It was discovered that the vehicle was abandoned. Further investigation revealed the identity of the driver and that there were no injuries. The driver admitted to violating driving restrictions. The case is being reviewed.
• A citizen walked into the San Juan Island Sheriff’s Office and reported rear-end damage to his vehicle in an apparent hit-and-run.
• A deputy investigated a hit-and-run on the West Street in Friday Harbor. Deputies are searching for a Chevrolet Camaro that is dark green to blue and has a loud engine.
• Deputies were dispatched to a Friday Harbor business for a burglary. Suspects broke in through a window but did not get anything from the office. Evidence was collected and the investigation continues.
• A Lopez deputy performed a traffic stop on Dill Road. A citation was issued to the person for driving with a suspended license.
• Orcas EMS crews and Orcas deputies responded to an aid call regarding an unconscious and unresponsive male. Lifesaving efforts were attempted but were not successful.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a report of theft.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a report of a vehicle prowl at the Orcas Landing. A silver Apple MacBook Air was stolen.
• A Friday Harbor woman had her purse stolen by a man whose car she was helping to jump-start. The driver’s car stalled again a short distance away. The purse was recovered and the man was taken into custody for theft in the second degree and booked into jail pending a hearing.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor had contact with a subject who was intoxicated and was on court conditions to not consume alcohol. The deputy documented the incident for the violation of the court order.
• A deputy took a report of a runaway juvenile from San Juan Island. The juvenile also prowled the parents’ vehicle and stole cash from a wallet. The case is active at this time.
• A deputy arrested a male on an active felony warrant of arrest in Friday Harbor.
• Deputies on Orcas responded to a residential burglary in progress. The suspect was later contacted and advised to stay off of the reporting party’s property.
• An Orcas deputy stopped a vehicle on Lover’s Lane. The driver, a local woman, was issued a citation for speeding 40 mph in a posted 25 mph zone.
• A Lopez deputy checked the ferry landing for an intoxicated male subject. The man was not located.
• A Lopez deputy took property into custody for safekeeping for a medical patient.
• A deputy on Orcas contacted a subject with a felony department of corrections warrant. The subject was arrested and booked into San Juan County jail.
• A deputy was dispatched to malicious mischief in the Friday Harbor area. The reporting deputy arrived and contacted the involved subject, who was arrested for malicious mischief in the third degree.
• An Orcas deputy stopped a vehicle on Orcas Road. The driver, a local woman, was issued a citation for speeding 49 mph in a posted 35 mph zone. She was also given a verbal warning for not being able to produce proof of liability insurance for the vehicle.
• A deputy responded to the dump on San Juan Island for littering complaint.
• A deputy responded to a report of a theft of a license plate in Friday Harbor. There are no suspects, leads or evidence at this time.
• A Lopez man was stopped and ticketed for speeding on Ferry Road while trying to catch a departing boat.
• A deputy was dispatched to a threats complaint in the Friday Harbor area. After an investigation, one subject was arrested for assault in the fourth degree domestic violence and booked into custody.
• A deputy responded to a suspicious person call in Friday Harbor. After a short foot pursuit, the deputy arrested a male for residential burglary.
• A caretaker discovered a broken window in a Lopez residence. The incident is under investigation.
• Orcas deputies received information that a suspect, who was in violation of a domestic violence protection order, was heading on the ferry to Orcas Island. The subject was located, arrested and transported by patrol boat to jail.