The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls:
• A Lopez Island deputy stopped and ticketed a driver for speeding in the school zone on Center Road.
• In Friday Harbor, deputies arrested a male on an out-of-county warrant. He was booked into jail where he awaits transport to Skagit County.
• A driver in Friday Harbor, whose driver’s status was suspended, was arrested on a warrant. The driver provided bail and received a citation for driving with a suspended license in the third degree.
• Deputies in Friday Harbor received a report of an order violation.
• An investigation continues into a report of harassment in Friday Harbor.
• Orcas deputies responded to a possible driving under the influence incident on Orcas Road. The driver was contacted and, after an investigation, was arrested for DUI.
• A driver in Friday Harbor received a citation for cell phone use while driving.
• A Lopez Island deputy responded to a report of men yelling profanities and of multiple gunshots in the 1900 block of Ferry Road. No injured person was located, and the source of the gunshots was not positively confirmed.
• A deputy conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle traveling 52 mph in a posted 35 mph speed zone in Eastsound. The driver was issued a citation for speeding.
• Another driver in Eastsound was stopped for driving 47 mph in a 25 mph zone and cited for speeding.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a vehicle for having expired registration, no front plate and defective brake lights. The driver received a citation for an expired registration over two months.
• A driver on San Juan was arrested for not having a valid operator’s license without ID and was issued a citation for having expired registration for over two months and not having insurance.
• A deputy was dispatched to a traffic offense in Friday Harbor and removed the hazard.
• A Friday Harbor deputy issued a speeding citation to a driver traveling 45 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• For not having proof of insurance liability and failing to change the address on both their driver’s license and vehicle registration, a Friday Harbor deputy issued a driver a citation. Said driver also received a warning for speeding.
• A Lopez deputy was called about a welfare check. The person was located and escorted to the clinic.
• An ongoing identity theft problem for a Lopez resident resulted in deputies filing a report.
• On San Juan, a deputy made contact with a person in response to a report about a civil problem.
• On San Juan, a deputy took a report of a trespass. The suspect has been issued trespass letters in the past. Further investigation continues.
• Deputies responded to a report of a juvenile problem in Eastsound where a young person was found to have alcohol. An investigation was conducted and a report sent to juvenile services.
• A Lopez deputy responded to an apparent burglary to an unoccupied residence. Possible evidence was collected, and the case is under investigation.
• A deputy on San Juan was dispatched to a report of an abandoned vehicle that was blocking the roadway. The vehicle was impounded.
• Child Protective Services requested that an Orcas deputy check on the welfare of those involved in an ongoing investigation. The subjects were found to be OK at their home, and the investigation is ongoing.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped a vehicle with expired registration and defective brake lights. Subsequently, the driver was arrested for driving with a suspended license and was issued a citation for having an expired registration over two months.
• A driver on San Juan was stopped for expired registration. He was ultimately arrested for driving with a suspended license. It was discovered he was in possession of cocaine and was cite for not having insurance and expired tabs over two months.
• A Friday Harbor deputy issued a driver a citation for an expired vehicle registration over two months and not having proof of liability insurance. A warning was also issued for a defective headlight.
• A driver on San Juan was arrested for driving with a suspended license, and released with a citation for driving with a suspended license and operating a vehicle without an interlock device.
• A deputy was dispatched to a residential burglary in the Eastsound area. The investigation is ongoing.
• San Juan deputies stopped a driver for an equipment violation. The driver was unable to provide proof of insurance at the time of the stop and was issued a citation for not having insurance as well as a warning for the equipment violation.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped a vehicle for an obstructed rear license plate. The driver was issued an infraction for not having a valid operator’s license with ID.
• A deputy was dispatched to a citizen dispute in the San Juan Island area. When the deputy arrived, the parties in question were advised to stay away from each other.
• An Orcas Island deputy was dispatched to an aggravated assault in the Eastsound area. The investigation is ongoing.
• A deputy was dispatched to a citizen assist in the San Juan Island area, and advised the party that the issue was a landlord/tenant issue.
• An Orcas Island deputy received a call about a theft and took a report.
• A vehicle that had been abandoned on a county roadway on Orcas Island was impounded.
• A Lopez Island deputy was sent to check on a dog that appeared to have been hit by a car along Center Road. The dog was not injured, but simply lying in the sun at the end of its driveway.
• Deputies were dispatched to a possible attempted burglary in the Friday Harbor area and made contact with the reporting person.
• An Orcas deputy investigated a vehicle that was abandoned on a county roadway with a registration that was expired for over 45 days. The owner of the vehicle, a scrap company, arrived on scene a short time later and asked to keep dispatch informed to avoid having his scrap cars impounded in the future.
• Deputies were contacted about a trespassing in the San Juan Island area. The person was contacted, a report was taken and several other persons were served with trespass warning letters.
• A San Juan deputy issued a citation to a driver for not having a valid operating license and for not having current proof of liability insurance. Since no licensed driver was available, and the car was blocking a private driveway, the vehicle was towed.
• A deputy on Orcas Island contacted a group of persons found to be on land bank property after hours. One of the persons was found to have an outstanding warrant. The subject was arrested and booked into San Juan County Jail in Friday Harbor.
• During a traffic stop on San Juan, a driver was issued a citation for passing in a no-passing zone.
• A deputy responded to and completed a report about a mail theft in the San Juan Island area.
• A San Juan deputy was contacted about a suspicious circumstance: an employee had located evidence of drug use in a public park.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor was dispatched to a report of a parking problem. When the deputy arrived, he found the vehicle parked in the roadway and had it impounded.
• A deputy on San Juan was contacted in reference to a possible theft.
• An Orcas Island deputy was dispatched to a welfare check in the Eastsound area. The subject was located safe.