The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• An Orcas resident had his vehicle prowled and items were stolen while it was parked in Eastsound for less than an hour.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for an expired registration. The driver was issued a citation for an expired registration under two months, for not having insurance and for failure to initially register a vehicle.
• A Friday Harbor deputy arrested a driver for having a suspended license and a suspended registration. The driver was released with citations for not having proof of liability insurance and an expired registration
• A San Juan driver was stopped for failing to transfer a vehicle title. The deputy issued the driver a citation for not having insurance.
• A Friday Harbor deputy issued citations to a driver for talking on a cellphone while driving, for not having proof of liability insurance or the registration in the vehicle, and for failing to change address with the department of licensing.
• An Orcas deputy received a report about a boating accident that occurred in Westsound on March 9. It was discovered the incident required a boating accident report, which was provided. The vessel reportedly struck a submerged rock causing damage to the hull.
• An Orcas deputy took a report of a noninjury collision.
• An Orcas deputy took a report about someone in the Eastsound area stalking and harassing an area family. A report has documented the incident, and the family has plans to seek a protection order. The investigation is ongoing.
• A Lopez deputy followed up on a report of trespassing on private property. Evidence suggested that people had been staying in an RV, but were not there when the deputy searched the property.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of a dog bite. The victim did not know the location of the incident or the type of dog.
• A driver on San Juan was stopped for having an expired registration. The deputy issued the driver a citation for an expired vehicle registration over two months and for not having insurance.
• Lopez deputies responded to a domestic violence assault complaint. Once there, a suspect was arrested for fourth-degree domestic assault and transported to Friday Harbor to await a hearing.
• A deputy was dispatched to a welfare check in the Friday Harbor area and contacted the persons involved.
• Deputies documented a report of animal problems on San Juan.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped a driver for a suspended license. The driver was arrested for having a suspended license in the third-degree and received a citation for not having insurance.
• San Juan deputies stopped the driver of a vehicle with expired registration. The driver was issued citations for expired vehicle registration over two months and for not having insurance.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a driver for having expired registration. The driver was arrested for having a suspended license in the third-degree and received a citation for an expired registration under two months and for not having insurance.
• A San Juan deputy impounded an abandoned vehicle.
• Deputies on San Juan responded to a mental health issue. The subject was taken to the hospital for treatment.
• Orcas Island Fire and Rescue and a deputy responded to an injury collision. The single occupant, the driver, was treated and released.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to an assault complaint stemming from a neighborhood dispute. All parties were contacted and statements were taken. There was insufficient probable cause to prove an assault occurred.
• A deputy was dispatched to a report of littering in the San Juan Island area. A person was issued a citation for littering and for an abandoned vehicle.
• A deputy responded to a citizen assist on San Juan Island and helped a person leave the area.
• A Lopez man was stopped while driving a vehicle that had several registration violations. A criminal citation was issued, and theft of a license tab is under investigation.
• A deputy on San Juan contacted four subjects about having open alcohol containers in public. All four were issued a citation for having open alcohol containers, and one of the subjects was arrested on a warrant and for obstructing law enforcement.
• A driver on Lopez was warned about speeding in a school zone and failing to carry a driver’s license.
• A deputy was dispatched to a welfare check in the San Juan Island area.
• Deputies on San Juan responded to a report of domestic violence and documented the incident.
• A deputy on Orcas received a report of a stolen cellphone. The complainant was able to track the location of the phone, and the phone was recovered by law enforcement in the jurisdiction in which the phone was located.
• A deputy responded to a delayed report of a theft in Friday Harbor. The information was gathered and a report filed. There is no suspect or witness information and no video surveillance in the business.
• Deputies on Orcas responded to a welfare check and took a 2-year-old child into protective custody. Child Protective Services was notified, and the investigation is ongoing.
• An Orcas deputy and Orcas Island Fire and Rescue was dispatched to a medical call. The reporting party described the patient to be unconscious and unresponsive. Responding personnel found the patient to be intoxicated, and they were arrested.