The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A Lopez deputy was called regarding a suspicious person at a residence. The person was gone when the deputy arrived.
• A deputy on Lopez was called about dogs running at-large and harassing the caller’s dogs. The offending dog owners were located and warned about the animals’ misbehavior.
• A San Juan deputy arrested a local man on an active out-of-county warrant. The man was booked into jail awaiting transport to the jurisdiction of the warrant.
• A deputy was dispatched to an agency assist in Friday Harbor.
• A Lopez resident reported a trespass incident by a former spouse. A trespass warning letter was issued.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a two-vehicle non-injury traffic collision in Eastsound. The driver at fault was issued a citation.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to a report of harassment.
• A Lopez deputy stopped a vehicle on Center Road. The driver was issued a citation for having an expired registration and a warning for speeding.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped a vehicle for a defective brake light. The driver was issued a citation for not having insurance.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to a welfare check near Eastsound. After contact was made, everything was confirmed to be fine with the parties involved.
• A deputy responded to a Lopez residence for a welfare check. The incident involved a resident who is suffering from a persistent medical condition. Community members who have been providing support for the ill person responded as well and assisted.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a threats call near Eastsound.
• A Lopez deputy stopped a vehicle on Fisherman Bay Road. The driver was issued a citation for driving 50 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• A deputy was contacted about a theft in the Friday Harbor area.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a reported hit-and-run traffic collision that occurred in Eastsound. There are no known suspects at this time.
• A deputy stopped a car on Orcas Road for speeding. The driver was cited for traveling 55 mph in a 40 mph zone.
• The reporting deputy was dispatched to a citizen assist in the Friday Harbor area. The caller was having issues with a coworker.
• A Lopez deputy responded with Lopez Fire and EMS to a motor vehicle accident. The driver had landed their vehicle on a berm of dirt near a beach. There were no injuries and the damage to the vehicle was minimal.
• A citizen came in to report a suspicious circumstance she had overheard in Eastsound.
• A Lopez deputy was dispatched to an animal problem callback.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped a vehicle for an expired registration. The driver was arrested for driving with a suspended license-third degree and was issued a citation for having neither insurance or a driver’s license on their person. The passenger was arrested for failing to transfer the title within 45 days.
• San Juan deputies were advised of a runaway juvenile.
• A Lopez deputy was called to investigate an assault that had taken place the previous evening. Several parties were involved in the altercation and several subjects were interviewed.
• A local Lopez resident was interviewed by a deputy about ongoing issues of trespassing, vandalism and littering in his neighborhood. Extra patrols were requested.
• An Orcas deputy stopped a vehicle on Olga Road. The driver was arrested on a warrant and issued citations for failing to transfer paperwork within 45 days, driving 41 mph in a 25 mph zone and warned for not having insurance. Other charges are pending.
• San Juan deputies located a male who was violating a no-contact order. He was taken into custody and booked into jail.
• A Lopez deputy was called regarding horses out grazing along Center Road in the s-curves, creating a traffic hazard. The owners were contacted to retrieve the animals.
• A reporting deputy was dispatched to a citizen dispute on San Juan. It is an ongoing landlord and tenant issue.
• A Lopez woman requested a deputy’s assistance in retrieving her pets after a perceived conflict over pet sitting. A cat was recovered without incident.
• A Lopez deputy was called to a report of a court order violation.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a call for assistance. The matter was handled as a medical emergency by the responding EMS crew.
• The deputy was dispatched to a report of an unwanted person in the Friday Harbor area. The deputy contacted the person involved and made a report.
• A Lopez man called a deputy for information regarding a landlord-tenant issue.
• Orcas deputies were called about a possible person driving under the influence of intoxicants on Olga Road. The driver was issued a citation for having wheels off the roadway and arrested for driving under the influence, and she was in violation of release conditions from a prior DUI. The vehicle was impounded.
• A Friday Harbor deputy arrested a driver for driving with a suspended license in the third degree and for operating a vehicle without an interlock device. The driver was released with a citation for those charges and received a citation for no proof of liability insurance.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a report of an unwanted person. The suspect was later arrested on charges of burglary, drug possession and possession of stolen property, and was booked into jail.
• A deputy was dispatched to the Friday Harbor area about a theft. The involved persons were contacted, and one person was trespassed from the business.
• A driver on Lopez received a warning for speeding and passing in no-passing zone.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a request for a trespass letter to be served on an individual.
• A deputy on Orcas took a report of vehicle theft. The vehicle was entered as stolen in the national computer base. A suspect was identified but no one knows where the suspect or the vehicle is at this time.
• Deputies were dispatched to a welfare check and transported the patient to the emergency room for further evaluation.
• One person was arrested for assault and transported to jail after deputies responded to a domestic violence incident in Eastsound.
• Deputies were dispatched to a domestic assault in Friday Harbor. The suspect was located and arrested for second-degree domestic violence assault, interfering with reporting a domestic violence complaint and third-degree domestic violence malicious mischief.