The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a collision. The damage was non-reportable and the incident was documented.
• A San Juan Island deputy responded to a report of a two-vehicle collision.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to a trespassing complaint. After contacting the reporting party, a trespass warning letter was issued to the suspect.
• A Lopez resident was stopped and ticketed for speeding on Center Road.
• An Orcas deputy stopped a vehicle on Orcas Road. The driver, a local man, was subsequently issued an infraction for speeding 63 miles per hour in a 40 miles per hour zone.
• A deputy took a wanted subject in custody in Friday Harbor.
• Deputies were dispatched to a residential burglary in progress in Friday Harbor. The reporting party was taken into protective custody.
• An Orcas deputy took a report of disorderly conduct. The incident was documented.
• An Orcas woman reported internet fraud. An investigation was conducted and a report was taken.
• An abandoned vehicle was found on Moran State Park land. Rangers are in the process of removing it.
• An Orcas deputy responded to two citizens being harassed by someone. The incident was documented.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a residential alarm. The home was secure and nothing suspicious was found.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a report of trespassing. The subject will be located and issued a notice of trespass letter.
• A Lopez deputy accepted a firearm for destruction.
• A Friday Harbor deputy was dispatched to a welfare check. No contact was made.
• An Orcas deputy conducted a traffic stop on Olga Road in Moran State Park. The driver was cited for speeding 40 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a report of narcotics located in the jail. The narcotics were seized and a case was forwarded to the prosecuting attorney for attempted delivery of a controlled substance and introducing contraband.
• Deputies were dispatched to a vehicle collision in Friday Harbor.
• A Lopez deputy stopped a motorist on Fisherman Bay Road and issued the driver a ticket for speeding.
• A Friday Harbor deputy received a report of a death investigation. The evidence at the scene showed that the death appeared to be of natural causes.
• The sheriff’s office was contacted in reference to a welfare check in the San Juan Island area. After several attempts, the person was contacted.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to a non-injury accident in the Eastsound area.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a domestic violence incident. Both parties were uncooperative in providing information. The incident was documented.
• A Lopez deputy stopped and ticketed a Seattle man for speeding 50 mph in a 35 mph zone on Center Road.
• A Lopez resident was menaced by a dog running at large along Fisherman Bay Road. The dog was chased off by passersby, preventing a potential dog bite. The identity of the dog is unknown.
• A Lopez deputy was contacted by a local resident about a traffic offense. The involved driver was contacted and counseled about his driving behavior. No enforcement action was taken.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to a juvenile problem.
• A Lopez deputy stopped and ticketed a Redmond man for speeding 54 mph in a 35 mph zone on Center Road.
• A citizen dropped a waterlogged wallet off at the Lopez substation. The owner was contacted and retrieved the wallet. It had been lost on the beach for approximately five months.
• An Orcas deputy responded to an Eastsound business for a reported theft. Both the subjects were later taken into custody on unrelated warrants. Trespass warning letters were issued to both subjects before they were transported to the San Juan County Jail.
• A deputy was dispatched to the Friday Harbor area in reference to harassment. The reporting deputy contacted all the persons involved.
• A deputy was dispatched to an unattended death in the San Juan Island area. An investigation was conducted and a report taken.
• A Lopez deputy was sent to check on a vessel that appeared to be sinking in Fisherman Bay. The owner was contacted, and pumped the water out of the bilge, taking care of the problem.
• An Orcas deputy took a report of a domestic violence incident.
• An Orcas deputy took a report of a troubled juvenile. A plan was developed to assist the parents with reaching out to additional resources.
• An Orcas deputy conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle in Eastsound. The driver of the vehicle was found to have a suspended drivers license. The driver was issued a criminal citation and released with a promise to appear in court.
• A deputy was dispatched to the Friday Harbor area in reference to a theft. One person was served with a trespass letter.
• An Orcas deputy stopped a driver on Crow Valley Road and issued an infraction for not having a valid operator’s license and warned for not having proof of liability insurance.