The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls:
• A Friday Harbor deputy issued a driver a citation for speeding and a warning for not having proof of insurance.
• A San Juan deputy arrested a subject on a San Juan County warrant. The suspect was transported to the local holding facility to wait for their arraignment.
• An Orcas deputy confirmed that a derelict vessel on a trailer was parked at the Obstruction Pass Marine Facility. An investigation is being conducted to locate the owner and remove the vessel.
• A San Juan deputy issued a driver a citation for failing to yield to the right of way and issued a warning for not having proof of insurance or registration documentation in the vehicle.
• A deputy arrested a Friday Harbor resident on an active warrant issued out of San Juan County District Court. The resident was booked into jail and is awaiting court.
• San Juan deputies were dispatched to a report of a hit-and-run collision on Warbass Way. The incident was investigated, and a report was generated.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to a hit-and-run accident that occurred in the Deer Harbor area. A report was taken, and the investigation is ongoing.
• An Orcas Island deputy responded to a domestic disturbance in the Eastsound area. Upon investigation, it was determined that no crimes had been committed.
• Deputies on San Juan responded to a local bar regarding an unruly patron. The patron refused to leave the area and was taken into custody.
• A San Juan Island driver was cited for failure to stop/yield at an intersection, and issued a warning for not having proof of insurance.
• A deputy was dispatched to a report of an animal-at-large on San Juan Island. The dog’s owner was issued a dog-at-large warning letter.
• Odlin Park staff detained a large dog on Lopez. A deputy collected the dog and located the owner a short time later. A dog-at-large warning letter was issued.
• A Lopez deputy was contacted regarding suspicious behavior that resulted in a disturbance at a private residence. Both parties were issued a trespass warning letters.
• A deputy issued a citation to a driver for failing to stop or yield at an intersection in Friday Harbor.
• An Orcas deputy learned that a person with two felony warrants was inside a local business in Eastsound. The person was located, arrested and transported to jail.
• A driver was issued a citation for failure to yield at a Friday Harbor intersection.
• A deputy was dispatched to a report of a juvenile problem in Friday Harbor. An informational report was taken.
• Deputies were dispatched to a report of domestic violence in Friday Harbor. The suspect was not located.
• Deputies responded to a reported boating accident near Orcas Island. A large recreational vessel ran aground on a submerged rock; none of the five occupants on the vessel was injured. The operator is required to complete a boating accident report.
• A deputy on Orcas Island took a report of a phishing scam email using Apple, Inc. The reporting party was advised to watch for fraudulent activity with their accounts.
• A Lopez deputy was called to a business for an animal problem. All involved parties were contacted and the issue was resolved.
• A vehicle was stopped for speeding on Orcas Island. The driver received a citation for driving 47 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• An Orcas deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle that ran a stop sign and proceeded to accelerate up to 45 mph in a posted 25 mph speed zone. The driver was issued citations for both violations as well as a verbal warning for not having the vehicle’s registration.
• An Orcas deputy cited a driver in Eastsound for traveling 45 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• San Juan deputies responded to a report of evidence of trespassing on False Bay Road. No crime appeared to have been committed, and items were collected for safekeeping.
• A Seattle woman was stopped and ticketed by a Lopez Island deputy for speeding 42 mph in the 25 mph zone along Fisherman Bay.
• Deputies were dispatched to a domestic dispute in Friday Harbor. One of the parties left before deputies could make contact.
• In Friday Harbor, a deputy was dispatched in reference to found property. The reporting deputy located the item and placed it in evidence.
• Deputies responded to call in the San Juan area in reference to an overdose. The reporting deputy arrived and discovered a verbal domestic dispute.
• Deputies responded to a residence on San Juan Island to investigate a suspicious circumstance.
• An Orcas Island deputy stopped a vehicle on Mt. Baker Road. The driver was subsequently cited for speeding 43 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• A Lopez Island deputy was sent to investigate an audible alarm sounding at a local business. Everything was found secure when the deputy checked the premises.
• San Juan deputies responded to a report of a nude sunbather at Jackson’s Beach.
• An Orcas Island deputy responded to an order violation in the Eastsound area. A report was taken.
• An Orcas Island deputy stopped a vehicle on Mt. Baker Road. The driver was subsequently issued a citation for speeding 43 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• A deputy was dispatched to San Juan Island on an agency assist call. The reporting deputy contacted the coast guard, and one person was arrested for Boating under the Influence. Report to follow.
• A Lopez resident reported the theft of one crab pot. The deputy followed up on a lead but no further information was developed.
• A deputy on Orcas stopped a suspended driver. The driver was arrested for driving with a suspended license in the third degree, and for not having a valid driver’s license. He was also issued a citation for having no insurance.
• A deputy was dispatched to a single-vehicle accident on San Juan Island. One person was arrested for Driving under the Influence and a report was taken.
• An item was booked as found property in Friday Harbor and a report was taken.
• A Lopez Island man was arrested and lodged in jail pending a court appearance on a charge of Assault IV-Domestic Violence after an argument escalated into a physical altercation.
• A deputy was dispatched to a possible theft in Friday Harbor. A report was taken.
• Two reports of thefts in Friday Harbor were reported. There are no suspects in either incident.
• An Orcas deputy issued a driver a citation for speeding 41 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• Two vessels were found on the Westsound county dock overnight. The vessels were issued citations for overnight mooring.