The San Juan County Sheriff’s office responded to the following calls.
• An Orcas deputy received a report of a traffic offense. The incident was investigated and a report was taken.
• A deputy contacted a Lopez Island resident in the Lopez Village about his dog was behaving aggressively. The owner stated he would keep his dog under control.
• A deputy located and arrested a person with an outstanding warrant inside a store in Friday Harbor.
• An Orcas Island deputy conducted an administrative breath test after a local company commercial truck was involved in a minor collision. The test revealed alcohol was not present.
• Deputies responded to an Eastsound address in search of a person with a warrant for their arrest. The area was checked and the suspect was not located.
• A deputy responded to a Lopez Island residence regarding a residential burglary and stolen vehicle complaint. The suspect was located on the mainland with the vehicle. An investigation is ongoing.
• At approximately 10 a.m., deputies responded to a residence on San Juan Island to investigate a report of an assault. The incident was investigated and an arrest was made.
• Lopez deputies investigated a burglary on Lopez Sound Road. A suspect was identified and charges are pending.
• An Orcas deputy cited a driver for speeding 39 mph in a 25 mph zone on Mount Baker Road.
• A Lopez deputy euthanized an injured deer on Fisherman Bay Road. The deputy euthanized the deer.
• An Orcas Island deputy was dispatched to a possible case of elder abuse in the Eastsound area. The deputy found no evidence of the reported abuse.
• An Orcas Island deputy responded to the Eastsound area for a non-injury collision.
• An Orcas deputy cited a driver for speeding 60 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• A Lopez deputy warned a driver for speeding, having an expired registration (less than two months expired) and driving with defective equipment.
• A Lopez Island deputy responded to a tree down, blocking Port Stanley Road. Area residents cut up the tree, clearing the roadway.
• A deputy responded to a report of several vandalized vehicles in Friday Harbor. There are no leads or evidence at this time.
• A deputy was dispatched to a reported citizen dispute on the San Juan Island. The deputy contacted the involved parties, who agreed to separate for the night.
• Orcas deputies responded to a report of a wanted person located in an Eastsound residence. The homeowner was uncooperative and a search warrant was granted. The suspect was found inside the residence. Both were booked into jail. For more info, see “Orcas woman arrested for allegedly hiding a fugitive and possessing drug paraphernalia” in this edition.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor received a report of a trespasser. The suspect was contacted and arrested for criminal trespass in the second degree.
• A deputy responded to a burglary call in Friday Harbor. Information and evidence were gathered and a report taken.
• A Lopez Island woman reports that there is ongoing suspicious activity occurring near her home at various hours of the day and night. She requested extra patrols in the area.
• A San Juan Island deputy responded to a welfare check. The subject was at their house, the subject’s mother said she will contact the school.
• A Friday Harbor deputy responded to a walk-in call at the station regarding a harassment complaint. After speaking with the complainant and reporting party the complainant declined to make a report at this time.
• At approximately 2 p.m., a deputy in Friday Harbor received a report of a burglary to a business. Cash was taken. This case is still under investigation.
• A deputy was dispatched to a single-vehicle crash on the San Juan Island. The reporting deputy arrived and located a single vehicle off the roadway.