The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls:
• A Lopez deputy issued a motorist a speeding ticket on Ferry Road toward the ferry terminal.
• A wallet found sitting on top of the ballot delivery box in front of the courthouse on Second Street in Friday Harbor was turned into the sheriff’s office.
• Lopez deputies responded to a south end residence in response to a domestic disturbance. Parties had separated prior to the deputy’s arrival.
• A Lopez deputy took a report of an ongoing domestic disturbance situation on an outer island. No immediate criminal activity was reported and the victim was referred to county services.
• A Lopez deputy ticketed a motorist for failing to wear his seat belt on Fisherman Bay Road.
• The Edmonds Police Department took a “phone threats” report from one of their citizens. The reporting person had employed the alleged suspect on the mainland for a few days before the suspect was fired. The suspect called the reporting party while he was working a job in Friday Harbor, and threatened him.
• A Lopez deputy ticketed a driver for speeding on Fisherman Bay.
• Lopez deputies were dispatched to a traffic hazard on Fisherman Bay Road. Upon arrival, deputies discovered a two-vehicle accident. Both vehicles were unoccupied at the time the deputy arrived. The vehicle owners were later located. A report was taken.
• A deputy responded to a reported hit-and-run accident in Eastsound. The reporting party indicated someone had swiped their vehicle in a parking lot and had not left their information. The case is being investigated.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a theft of a bicycle in Eastsound. The deputy checked several locations for the bicycle but was unable to locate it. A report was taken and the investigation ongoing.
• An Orcas deputy conducted a traffic stop in the evening hours. An investigation revealed that there was probable cause to believe the 19-year-old driver had been consuming marijuana before driving. The minor was arrested, processed and released with a promise to appear in court.
• A Lopez deputy issued a driver a speeding ticket on Mud Bay Road.
• A Lopez deputy received a call regarding a rental scam. The investigation is ongoing.
• An Orcas deputy took a missing person case. That person was located.
• A wallet was turned in by a local Eastsound business. The property was secured at the Orcas Island substation. An effort will be made to contact the owner.
• A deputy was dispatched to the Friday Harbor area on an order violation. The caller claimed that a roommate was harassing her in violation of an order.
• An Orcas deputy conducted a traffic stop on a motorist on Crow Valley Road. The driver was issued a citation for a stop sign violation and released.
• A San Juan deputy was dispatched to a welfare check. The subject was contacted and taken into protective custody.
• A deputy issued a motorist a speeding ticket on Fisherman Bay Road on Lopez.
• A deputy conducted a traffic stop in Eastsound. An investigation revealed probable cause that the driver was impaired. The suspect was arrested, processed and released with a promise to appear in court. Her vehicle was impounded.
• A deputy was dispatched to a domestic incident on San Juan Island. The deputy arrived and contacted the involved parties. One subject was taken into custody and booked as a minor possessing or consuming alcohol.
• A deputy received a call out from dispatch and responded to a one car collision on Main Street in Eastsound. The deputy arrived on the scene and found the collision was with a house that occurred on private property.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor received a report of a vehicle prowl. A couple of small items were stolen from the vehicle. There are no suspects at this time.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor received a report of malicious mischief. It was reported that a vehicle tire was cut. The deputy located another cut tire in the area. There are no suspects at this time.
• A San Juan deputy was dispatched in reference to a domestic situation in Friday Harbor. A witness stepped forward and one subject was arrested for assault fourth degree (DV). The subject was booked into custody.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a delayed assault report in Eastsound. Upon speaking with the caller the deputy found that the was person was threatened and not assaulted by the suspect earlier in the day.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a one-car vehicle rollover collision on Crow Valley Road. During the investigation, it was determined that the driver tried to avoid a deer that ran across the road and consequently caused the vehicle to go off the road and rollover. The passenger was treated for minor injuries.
• An Orcas deputy stopped a motorist on Crow Valley Road for a stop sign violation. The driver was issued a citation for having expired vehicle registration and given a verbal warning for the failing to stop at a stop sign.
• A San Juan deputy was dispatched to an unwanted person. A homeowner woke up and found someone he did not know was in his residence. The deputy transported the subject to the hospital for observation.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a report of drugs found inside a residence in Eastsound. It was determined that four juveniles had been partying inside the residence.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a report of a vehicle crashing into an Eastsound business. After an investigation, it was determined that there were no injuries but extensive damage occurred to the store front.
• A deputy responded to an Eastsound residence regarding two dogs at large. A dog at large letter and San Juan County animal brochure were given to the dog owners.
• A deputy called an Eastsound resident back about a possible IRS fraud scam letter and phone call he received. He requested a deputy’s report to document the incident.
• An Orcas citizen reported reckless driving by a motorcycle driver passing vehicles at a high rate of speed. This subject is known by the deputies.
• An Eastern Washington woman reported receiving harassing telephone calls that originated from a Lopez Island resident.
• A motorcyclist was stopped for speeding 50 mph in a posted 35 mph zone. The rider did not have a two wheel endorsement. The rider was cited for both violations.