The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• When a deputy responded to a theft report in Friday Harbor, the suspect was gone. Information was collected, and the investigation is ongoing.
• Orcas deputies responded to a report of a resident being harassed.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a single-car, noninjury wreck. It was determined that the car hit a patch of black ice and slid off the road onto its side.
• San Juan deputies responded to an unwanted-person call. A female subject was escorted from the location.
• Orcas deputies investigated a fraud complaint. The suspect told the complainant she was due a refund. She gave him access to her bank account. He made it look like he put too much money in, claimed it was a mistake then asked the complainant to send back the difference in gift cards.
• A baggie with approximately 1 gram of white substance was found on San Juan and logged into the property room for destruction.
• An Orcas deputy administered a breath test for a state department of licensing requirement.
• Orcas Island deputies responded to a hit-and-run complaint. The damage was minimal, and the victim did not wish to pursue charges.
• A Lopez resident reported Medicare fraud. Deputies offered other resources to take care of the issue.
• A deputy arrested a wanted person in Friday Harbor, who later was released on bail.
• Orcas deputies and fire personnel responded to a two-vehicle non injury collision. A driver was issued citations for failing to yield the right-of-way while making a left turn and for not having a valid operator’s license.
• An Orcas deputy arrested a man with a felony warrant out of Skagit County.
• A Lopez deputy assisted a part-time resident with some out-of-state vehicle registration documentation.
• A San Juan deputy issued a driver a citation for having no proof of liability insurance, an expired registration and a warning for speeding.
• A driver was issued a citation for failing to stop at a stop sign in Friday Harbor.
• A deputy on San Juan issued a speeding driver a citation.
• A Friday Harbor deputy issued a driver a citation for not having proof of liability insurance and warnings for failing to carry registration and for a defective taillight.
• San Juan deputies responded to a report of a burglary. The suspect was located on site, arrested and booked into jail.
• An Orcas deputy issued a driver a traffic citation for traveling 38 mph in a 25 mph zone on Mt. Baker Road.
• A deputy responded to a report of a dog running-at-large in Lopez Village. The dog was located, but would not let anyone get close to it. The probable owner was identified and contacted.
• A Lopez deputy was called to a citizen dispute over beach access. A homeowner challenged the people walking the beach after they had apparently ignored county signs at Otis Perkins Park that identifies the beach and tidelands beyond the sign as private property.
• A San Juan deputy was dispatched to a single-vehicle wreck and found a vehicle had gone off the roadway and into a tree.
• Deputies removed an animal carcass from the roadway at Orcas Road and Deer Harbor Road.
• An Orcas deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for speeding 16 mph over the speed limit.
• A Lopez deputy cited a driver on Center Road for traveling 50 mph in a 35 mph zone. The driver was also warned for not carrying a driver’s license, and for not having a current registration document or insurance documents in the car.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a report of a suspicious vehicle. The driver was arrested for driving while their license was suspended in the third degree, and for possession of a controlled substance.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for speeding and then issued the driver a citation for not having insurance.
• An Orcas deputy issued a driver a citation for traveling 45 mph in a 35 mph zone. The driver had previously been warned multiple times about speeding.
• A Lopez deputy caught a dog running-at-large in Lopez Village. The owner was identified, and the dog was returned home. The owner received a warning letter.
• A San Juan deputy issued a juvenile a criminal citation for possession of marijuana.
• Deputies on Orcas responded to a report of an assault. The victim did not wish to pursue charges.
• A San Juan deputy, responding to a noise complaint about a vehicle alarm, found the car with its engine still running. The registered owner was issued a citation for an unattended vehicle.
• Orcas deputies were dispatched with Orcas Fire and EMS to a single-vehicle rollover wreck with a person still in the vehicle. The driver was arrested for reckless driving and vehicular assault.
• Deputies were dispatched to a verbal domestic in Friday Harbor. A report was taken, and the involved parties were separated.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a wreck and took an informational report.
• Orcas deputies were dispatched to a runaway juvenile call in the Eastsound area. The young man was later located and returned home safely.
• A San Juan deputy issued a driver citations for not having proof of liability insurance, for having an expired registration and for defective taillights. The driver also received a warning for failing to obtain a Washington driver’s license.