The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A San Juan deputy issued a driver a warning for failing to yield to a pedestrian in the crosswalk.
• A Lopez deputy was called to a non-injury collision in the village. The damage was minor, and the involved parties exchanged information. No report was necessary.
• A report was made to the Lopez sheriff’s office regarding a missing electric bicycle.
• A deputy on Orcas stopped the driver of a vehicle on Crow Valley Road. The driver, a local man, was subsequently issued a citation for driving 56 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• A deputy was dispatched to a hit-and-run on an unattended vehicle in Friday Harbor. A report was taken, and there are no suspects.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor issued a driver a citation for speeding.
• A motorcycle rider in Friday Harbor was issued a citation for failing to obtain a motorcycle endorsement/permit.
• A deputy on San Juan took a report of an assault and documented the incident.
• A Lopez deputy was contacted regarding a possible protection-order violation. The case is under investigation.
• A Lopez deputy investigated a dog bite complaint. The dog owner was issued a citation for having unlicensed dogs, and a dog bite report was forwarded to the health department for follow-up.
• In Friday Harbor, a corrections officer reported that an inmate who had been participating on the work-crew failed to report for work, and cut off his GPS bracelet. He was charged with a violation of work-crew behavior, violating terms of the work-crew and escaping.
• A deputy was contacted about found property in Friday Harbor.
• On San Juan deputies were dispatched for an agency-assist involving a vulnerable adult. The allegations were deemed to be unfounded.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped a driver for being on the road with a suspended license. The driver was arrested for driving with a suspended license, for driving under the influence, possession of a controlled substance and drug paraphernalia.
• A citizen on San Juan called to report receiving multiple dog bites while working.
• A deputy on Orcas conducted a traffic stop and issued the driver a warning for speeding.
• Deputies conducted a traffic stop on Orcas and issued the driver a citation for having an expired vehicle registration more than two months and for not having proof of liability insurance.
• A deputy on Orcas stopped a driver for speeding. The driver received a warning.
• Deputies on Orcas responded to a report of two people arguing. The involved parties were contacted. The argument was de-escalated and no further action was required.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped the driver of a vehicle for an expired registration. The driver was issued a citation for not having a valid driver’s license with ID and having an expired registration more than two months.
• A Lopez deputy was asked to check on an elderly resident when a worker found the house wide open and received no response. The deputy checked the house and property and found no one on-site. Then, the resident arrived home from running an errand.
• A deputy on Orcas conducted a traffic stop and issued the driver a warning for not having a front license plate on his vehicle.
• Responding to a report of gunfire, an Orcas deputy stayed in the reported area for 20 minutes. After hearing no noise indicating a weapon, the case was cleared as unfounded.
• A deputy on Orcas issued a ticket for mooring at a public landing, a violation of San Juan County Code 10.28.010.
• A deputy on Orcas conducted two different traffic stops and issued the drivers warnings for speeding.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped the driver of a vehicle who failed to stop at stop sign and for lane travel. The driver was arrested for driving under the influence.
• A vehicle for sale was tagged for being parked on an Orcas street.
• A deputy on Orcas issued a citation to the driver of a vehicle parked in a handicap parking stall with no placard.
• A deputy stopped to assist a vehicle that was partially blocking the roadway. The driver had hit a deer on Orcas and was checking for damage.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a single-vehicle collision and arrested the driver for driving under the influence.
• A deputy responded to a delayed report of vandalism in Friday Harbor. There are no suspects at this time.
• A Lopez deputy took a report of the theft of four crab pots deployed off the mouth of Fisherman Bay. The crab pots and related gear were valued at about $350.
• A deputy on Friday Harbor responded to a citizen-assist call in the lobby of the station. A report was taken and no further investigation is required.
• A Lopez deputy was called about found property located on a south-end beach. The property was taken for safekeeping until ownership can be determined.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a vandalism call in the Olga area.
• Lopez deputies responded to a reported truck theft at Odlin Park. A short time later the truck was returned to the park. Guests of local residents had collected the wrong vehicle after getting off a boat.
• Deputies on San Juan responded to a report of an assault. A subject was arrested and booked into jail for fourth-degree domestic assault.
• A Lopez man was stopped for operating a vehicle with nonfunctioning taillights A records check showed his driver’s license had been suspended. Charges were forwarded to the court.
• A Lopez deputy issued a driver a warning for speeding and failing to yield to a pedestrian in the crosswalk.
• A deputy was dispatched to a report of an unwanted person in the Friday Harbor area. A trespass warning letter was served on the person.
• A deputy was dispatched to a hit-and-run in the Friday Harbor area and took a report.