The San Juan County Sheriff’s office responded to the following calls:
• A deputy responded to a local Eastsound business regarding a theft of gasoline. The investigation is still ongoing.
• A San Juan Island deputy responded to a walk-in report of a citizen dispute. Upon speaking with the reporting party it was determined that the dispute did not occur in this state.
• A Lopez Island deputy was sent to a business regarding a 911 hang-up call. The business was open and operating normally. It was unknown who had placed the call.
• A deputy stopped a vehicle in Eastsound for speeding 31 mph in a 20 mph speed zone. The driver was issued a citation for speed and given a verbal warning for expired vehicle registration.
• An Orcas Island deputy assisted a business in administering a random breath alcohol test on one of their commercial drivers which are required by the department of transportation.
• Deputies arrived at a single vehicle motor vehicle accident on San Juan Island. The driver left the scene but was later contacted and issued a notice of infraction for wheels off road and failure to secure liability insurance.
• A Friday Harbor resident called to report a theft. She found her iPad was missing from her home. She gave the names of possible suspects who were contacted and denied any knowledge. Investigation continues.
• A deputy responded to a burglary at a Friday Harbor business. At this time the only known stolen item is cash. No other information is available at this time.
• San Juan Island deputies were dispatched to investigate a theft. One of the suspects had unrelated warrants and was taken into custody and booked into jail pending a court hearing.
• A deputy was called to the Orcas Substation to perform a courtesy random breath test on an employee of a business. The test concluded negative alcohol results. An informational report was completed.
• A deputy on Orcas stopped a vehicle for expired registration. The driver was issued an infraction for no valid operator’s license with ID, no insurance and expired vehicle registration over two months.
• A Lopez Island deputy was called to investigate an early morning collision. A vehicle traveling east on Hummel Lake crossed Center Road and was struck broadside by a van traveling north on Center Road. The driver who ran the stop sign received a ticket for that infraction. No one was seriously injured.
• An Orcas deputy posted a warning notice on an abandoned vehicle located in the Waldron Island parking on Upper Deer Harbor Road. The vehicle has not been registered for over a year and was covered with debris. The vehicle will be towed and impounded if the owner does not remove it.
• An Orcas deputy initiated a traffic stop for speeding on Mount Baker Road. The driver was cited for speeding 51 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• A Lopez Island deputy was sent to investigate a commercial burglar alarm. Inspectors were found on site with a building representative.
• An Orcas deputy received a report of harassment. The investigation is ongoing at this time.
• A Lopez resident requested assistance with a dog at large issue on their property. The dog had returned home and was secured when the deputy arrived. A report was completed and a dog-at-large warning letter was sent to the owner.
• A deputy conducted a traffic stop in Eastsound. The driver was given a warning for failing to stop at a stop sign and given an infraction for expired registration under two months.
• A deputy was contacted by phone in reference to a harassment on San Juan Island. The caller advised that she was having issues with an ex-boyfriend.
• A San Juan Island deputy was dispatched to a single-vehicle accident. The reporting deputy arrived and contacted the driver. The driver was arrested for driving under the influence.
• Orcas Island deputy stopped a vehicle on Orcas Road. The driver, a local woman, was issued a citation for speed 61 mph in a posted 40 mph zone.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor received a request from a business to trespass several people who were suspected of stealing items from the store.
• The sheriff’s office in Friday Harbor received a report of a burglary and forgery case. A 29-year-old man was arrested and the investigation is ongoing.
• A Lopez man called the sheriff’s office after receiving a forged check as payment for an online sale transaction. The forgery was discovered before the item purchased was shipped. The case is under investigation.
• A Lopez deputy came upon a downed tree partially blocking a road. The hazard was cleared from the roadway, and public works was called to remove the tree and debris.
• A Lopez deputy was called regarding a utility trailer parked in a school bus turnaround. Efforts to locate the owner were hampered by an expired out of state license plate.
• An Orcas Island deputy was dispatched to a threats complaint in the Eastsound area. A report was taken.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor received a report of an order violation. The investigation showed that the subject was in violation of three no-contact orders. The subject was arrested and was booked into the jail.