The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A Lopez resident reported the theft of a road sign.
• Deputies were asked to check on the welfare of a resident after their behavior concerned an acquaintance. The subject was contacted and found in good spirits.
• A deputy responded to an unwanted person call in Friday Harbor. The individual was located and arrested on a charge stemming from a different case and was booked into jail awaiting a next-day hearing.
• A Friday Harbor deputy responded to a call about an animal bite and completed a dog bite report.
• Deputies continue to investigate a traffic offense in Friday Harbor.
• A motorist was ticketed after a deputy saw her speeding near Lopez Village.
•Deputies were dispatched to a traffic offense in Friday Harbor where they took the suspect into custody on two counts of reckless driving and attempting to elude a police vehicle.
• Following a report of a domestic disturbance in Friday Harbor, an individual was arrested on two counts of assault and booked into the jail holding facility.
• Deputies responded to a utility problem in Friday Harbor. When they arrived, deputies determined the lines were phone and cable lines, met with the parties involved and completed a report.
• A Friday Harbor deputy assisted a citizen with a firearm and a knife and put the items into evidence for safekeeping.
• A deputy responded to a verbal disturbance at the Lopez School and completed a report.
•A Lopez deputy responded to a report of a suspicious male in the village. When contacted, the suspect assaulted the deputy. The suspect was then arrested and booked into jail.
• An Orcas deputy took a lost-property report.
• San Juan deputies were dispatched to a welfare check. Parties were interviewed and a report was generated.
• Lopez Island deputies arrested a man after he forced his way into a Lopez Village business and assaulted an employee. The suspect also threatened to harm several employees with weapons. He was placed in jail to await a hearing.
• San Juan deputies were dispatched to a verbal domestic dispute at San Juan County Park. The parties were contacted, and no crime had occurred.
• A deputy was dispatched to a report of a wanted person in Friday Harbor. The person was located and taken into custody.
• A report was completed requesting charges against a local man after a Lopez deputy investigated a theft at the market.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a landlord and tenant dispute. Both parties were interviewed, and a report was completed.
• San Juan deputies stopped a vehicle for unlawful tire noise near Sunken Park, and the driver was issued a traffic citation.
• Deputies on Lopez investigated a report of a yacht discharging wastewater into Hughes Bay. No vessel was seen in the area, and no evidence of the discharge was detected. The U.S. Coast Guard made contact with the vessel and determined that no wastewater had been dumped.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a single-vehicle DUI collision. The incident is under investigation.
• In Eastsound, a deputy conducted an early morning traffic stop for a turn signal violation. Further investigation revealed probable cause to arrest the driver for driving under the influence. The driver was processed and released with a promise to appear in court.
• A Lopez Island man reported a sailboat dragging anchor in Fisherman Bay on a collision course with a private dock. A boater was able to re-anchor the boat.
• A Lopez deputy took custody of a wallet found in the market and is holding it pending owner contact.
• On Lopez Island, a resident who was out of town captured a trespasser on his video system. The property was checked and found to be secure.
• A Friday Harbor deputy was dispatched to a vehicle accident and filed a report.
• A deputy was dispatched to a welfare check in the San Juan Island area, contacted the person involved and filed a report.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a report of a suspicious vehicle. A male subject was contacted and drove away. It was later learned the subject had a suspended driver’s license and will be issued a criminal citation for driving with a suspended license.
• A Lopez deputy investigated a single-vehicle rollover collision on Ferry Road.
• A deputy was dispatched to the Friday Harbor area about a trespassing. The deputy arrived, contacted the people involved and filed a report.
• Orcas Island Fire and Rescue and deputies were dispatched to an unknown accident on Orcas Road. Once there, they found a vehicle in the ditch on the west side of Orcas Road facing north. The vehicle appeared to be abandoned and locked and was subsequently impounded.
• A Lopez deputy took a missing person report on an island resident.
• Deputies investigated a trespass incident at a local business. The subject involved was transferred to the hospital for observation.
• A deputy responded to a welfare check in Friday Harbor, spoke with the individuals involved and filed a report.
• A deputy on San Juan observed a person with a suspended driver’s license operating a vehicle. An attempt to locate the person was unsuccessful, though they will be issued a citation for no seat belt and a criminal citation for driving with a suspended license.
• A Lopez deputy stopped a vehicle operated by a subject wanted in connection with a theft and trespass case and arrested the man. He was booked into jail pending a court appearance.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped a vehicle for a defective brake light and expired tabs. The driver was issued a citation for an expired vehicle registration over two months, no insurance and no valid operator’s license with ID.
• A Lopez deputy was called to investigate a suspicious vehicle. Upon checking, the vehicle was authorized to be parked there.