July 31: Deputies responded to a reported domestic situation on Orcas Island. Intoxicated adult males were having a loud verbal disagreement.
• Deputies responded to a citizen dispute on Orcas Island. The incident was resolved.
Aug. 1: Deputies responded to a report of threats call on Lopez Island. Two intoxicated males had been involved in a verbal altercation during which one of the parties said, “I’m going to kill you.” The offending party had left the residence prior to the deputy’s arrival. Both parties were contacted.
• The victim reported his Apple laptop missing. The victim explained he had left the computer in a common room of the location and when he returned the computer was missing.
• A San Island man violated a “No Contact Order” shortly after he received it on Aug. 1. The suspect was arrested.
Aug. 2: An Orcas Island man reported his vehicle had been taken from the driveway of his home. The vehicle was located in Deer Harbor where it appeared it had been in an accident.
• Deputies responded to a single vehicle rollover collision. The male driver and only occupant of the vehicle stated he had taken his eyes off the road “for a few seconds” when the vehicle drove up on an embankment before rolling over.
Aug. 3: Deputies responded to a reported overdose on Orcas Island. The incident involved an underage male, who was with his parents, and consumed too much alcohol. The patient was treated by OIFR.
• Deputies responded to a report of domestic dispute. The dispute involved family members who were yelling at each other one family member grabbed the phone out of the other hand and then breaking it. The suspect was arrested for interfering with a 911 call and malicious mischief.
• Deputies responded to a reported domestic situation. Upon arrival they found a lone male subject in his apartment. There was no probable cause to believe there was a crime committed.
Aug. 4: Deputies responded to a “suspicious circumstance,” the victim reported someone had taken a 12 gauge shotgun from his house. The deputy located the shotgun and as he picked it up the weapon discharged. The case remains open.
• Deputies responded to Firehouse Lane on Orcas Island on a report of vandalism. The victim explained that a wooden gate across the road had been damaged.
• Deputies responded to a reported trespass on Orcas Island. It appeared to be a civil issue between the present renter and the former renter of the property.
Aug. 5: Deputies responded to investigate the report of numerous marijuana plants growing on Orcas Island. The subject was contacted and presented documents indicating he was authorized to grow the number of plants in his possession.