May 23 – July 25: Sometime between these dates, person(s) unknown entered an Orcas Island residence and took a Troy-Built gas trimmer and a small broom-vacuum.
June 11 – July 24: A vehicle was shattered by unknown person(s) on Decatur Island using the ball hitch belonging to the vehicle.
July 23: Friday Harbor District Court received notice that a male subject who used his charge card to pay court fines and fees challenged the transactions as “unauthorized” when the bill was received. Open investigation.
July 24: A hit and run accident occurred on Orcas Island when a vehicle parked at Orcas Post Office was sideswiped by unknown person.
July 25: An Orcas Island female reported leaving her cell phone at a business in Eastsound and when she returned the phone was gone. Subsequently the phone was returned.
• A deputy responded to a report of child abuse on Orcas Island and determined the allegation was unfounded.
• An order violation occurred on Orcas Island when the protected person was contacted by a business regarding an issue with the respondent.
• A deputy observed a vehicle speeding on Orcas Island. When the deputy attempted to make the stop, the vehicle sped up and pulled into a side road. Suspects were eventually contacted but deputy could not determine who was operating the vehicle. The vehicle had been towed prior to contacting the suspects.
July 26: An Orcas Island woman stated numerous pills were missing from her prescription bottle. There is no suspect information.
(Unlisted date): A citizen dispute occurred on Orcas Island. The case requires further investigation.
July 27: A deputy responded to a motor vehicle collision on Orcas Island and subsequently arrested the driver for DUI.
July 28: A Lopez man reported vandalism damage to his heavy equipment in the form of BB type breakage to the glass on the vehicle.
• A San Juan Island woman stated she returned home to find a bag of snack food on her deck, which can only be accessed through the house. No suspects at this time.
July 29: At 0530, a Lopez Island man called stating that there was a raccoon in his bathroom. A deputy responded and found a “large, angry cat” in the bathroom. The cat caused some damage during the eviction process.
• An Orcas Island man was seen looking up the skirt of a woman sleeping on the library lawn. Further investigation required.
• A Lopez Island woman stated she had been contacted by two different people advising they were attorneys and they would represent her in a suit being brought against her. She paid the requested fees. Investigation continues.
(Unlisted date): An animal noise complaint was made in Friday Harbor. The person responsible for the animal was contacted and the owner was issued a warning letter.
July 30: A hit and run collision occurred on Orcas Island. The victim returned to find his car had been damaged by an unknown vehicle.