Home

Islands' Sounder

Back

Home saved from fire

July 2, 2013 · 11:41 AM
Comments

When an Orcas homeowner heard alarms going off in a neighbors’ house, she immediately notified the fire department.

On June 18 around 8 p.m., Orcas Fire and Rescue responded to the report of “a house full of smoke with alarms going off” on Alder Street in Eastsound. Firefighters encountered moderate smoke downstairs and heavy concentrations of smoke in the upstairs area. A rapid search revealed a pot burning on the stove.

The cookware was removed and the home cleared of smoke. Three dogs were in the home and safely contained outside by the observant neighbor.

 

Commenting Rules

© Sound Publishing, Inc.
All rights reserved.
Our Titles | Work With Us