The Bureau of Land Management is requesting nominations to fill 12 positions of the newly established San Juan Islands National Monument Advisory Committee. Nominations are being accepted for:
• Two members representing recreation and tourism interests.
• Two members representing wildlife and ecological interests.
• Two members representing cultural and heritage interests.
• Two public-at-large members.
• One member representing tribal interests.
• One member representing local government.
• One member representing education and interpretation interests.
• One member representing private landowners.
Committee members will represent others within particular categories of interest, and work collaboratively to advise on the development of the San Juan Islands National Monument’s resource management plan.
To nominate yourself or someone you know, submit a signed nomination form and at least one supporting letter of recommendation from the groups or interests of be represented to the BLM Spokane District Office, attn. San Juan Islands RAC, 1103 N. Fancher Road, Spokane, WA 99212. The BLM will review the applications and submit recommendations to the Secretary of the Interior who will make the appointments.
Nomination forms and additional information are available at the Spokane District Office or the BLM’s Lopez Island Office at 37 Washburn Place, Lopez Island, WA 98261, by calling (509) 536-1200, or from http://www.blm.gov/or/rac/sanjuanac.php. The deadline for submission of signed nominations is March 22. Nominations postmarked later than March 22 will not be accepted.