- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Seed Saving Workshop
Food Masters presents a Seed Saving Workshop with Wild’s Edge, Doe Bay Garden staff and Cathleen McCluskey of the Organic Seed Alliance at the Doe Bay Garden, Sunday, Oct. 7, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
The workshop will include:
· Seed saving fundamentals and terminology
· Techniques for saving annuals, biennials and perennials
· Hands-on processing of wet and dry Seed
· Challenges and problem solving for the maritime northwest seed grower
· Discussion on making San Juan County a “GMO-Free Zone”
· Seed Swap – if you have seed to share please bring it!
· Walk away with the confidence to start saving your own seeds
There will be a potluck lunch so bring a dish to share. The cost is $25 and you can pre-Register at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To find the garden, go past the main Doe Bay sign on Point Lawrence Road, turn right on Homestead Road and the destintation is located on your right.