The next Be Ready Orcas – Community Disaster Preparedness Meeting is Wednesday, April 10, from 5:30-6:30 p.m. at the Eastsound Firehall’s Public Meeting Room. This topic for this free and informative event is water. Paul Kamin, General Manager of Eastsound Water Users Association is the speaker. These questions (and more) will be answered:
– What should my community water system be doing for emergency preparedness?
– How could I treat non-potable water in an emergency?
– Where can I find alternative water sources in an emergency?
– How vulnerable is my community water system in an emergency?
– How much water should I have as part of my emergency plan?
– What are the options for storing this water and insuring it’s potable?
Visit www.bereadyorcas.org to sign up for the newsletter. Be Ready Orcas is a volunteer effort organized by Natalie Menacho and Cory Harrington, two Orcas Island residents who are passionate about community resilience and disaster preparedness.